OK CHECK IT OUT. The website idea was originally to be free photos from the whole Bay Area, but now.....F IT, Richmond only for now. It has been taking me a tremendously long time to just get the Richmond photos going so yea. You can expect a BETA launch in November!
The images below are the cheesy ass graphics I created for the website which are subject to change (story of my bleeping life). As you all know I am a graphic designer, web designer, and photographer. I do more, but this isn't linked in lol. So what does that have to with anything? I can go from idea to prototype in HOURS. Which is where distractions stem from. However I told myself this will get priority.
Still broke. Still doing random things. Still involved.
As of now I hold these titles:
- City of Richmond Arts and Culture Commissioner
- Richmond Mainstreet Initiative Youth Committee
- Richmond Arts Connection Committee
- Social Media Committee (RACC)
- Student at CCC
- Full time employee
- Freelance work
These things have my time stretched out to the max! just the other day I created a 420 layer project that had me up till 3 AM! BUT IT WAS SO FUCKING REWARDING. I've been making graphic art that will be going to many elementary schools as posters! All the way from kindergarten to 6th kids will be seeing my art!
My work is up at A Newer You in Martinez, CA!
Taking A Shower ..Then BOOM!
No the boom was not a fart, it was an idea! The type of ideas I rarely get.
My Thought/Idea filtering process
Naturally, mind is always running at 200MPH, don't know if it is the caffeine or maybe I got dropped too many times as a kid, but anyways, I'm always thinking of new ways to have fun and make money! 9/10 of ideas get shot down pretty fast as I start thinking of the pros and cons as well as my resources and strengths. Alot of those ideas do make it to stage 2 which is actual research on the idea, but tend to get shutdown. THIS ONE however is a bit different.
The Idea and Why
I've been shooting since 2016 with a fancy camera. Doesn't seem like much. but multiply those 2 years with 2 or 3 energy drinks a day and you get 5 years worth of content. These photos are primarily from Bay Area (East has more). I have THOUSANDS of photos, most of them edited.
Ok so fast-forward to yesterdays shower I was thinking *man I'm killing 2018 with my new photos, but I wish I took my old photos now that I'm a bit more popular in town* so that's when I was like I SHOULD MAKE THEM AVAILABLE FOR FREE TO THE PUBLIC. It's not like I'm doing anything with them now. Why not have the public download them and use for their projects, business pamphlets, school presentations and whatever you know?!
"Why do that when we can just google - Bay Area Photos-"
I'll tell you why!
I did that! The results were wack AF. Beyond that you don't know forsure if those photos are actually ok for you to reuse with modification. Now, I know what you tech savy folks are thinking again "we can just filter the images to see the images that are able to be reused".....I DID THAT. Those photos are also whack.
That's where I come in. You go to my site, search photos by City and just download what you want.
What's in it for me?
Glad you asked Tony (I swear I'm not crazy).
A couple of things.
1) Blast my name - you bet my name is going to be all over the site LOL. My name will be thrown around a bit more
2) I will include a DONATE button, for those who want to help out
3) Potential ad revenue, if you read my intro you know I'm a business guy. I know about Search Optimization, marketing, and advertising. After enough traffic comes through, i will b e bale to plugin ads and other items that can make me a few bucks like in other sites I've made
4) Traffic direction. If all goes well, it is my estimate that my website will have 5,000+ views a month (according to my keyword research and competitive analysis). with numbers like those, I can begin to experiment. Maybe I'll sell Bay Area merchandise? Maybe I'll rent web space to an upcoming photographer? Maybe I'll write articles about products with affiliate links? So on and so forth.
I'll try to blog a bout the process as I get further down the line.
Some people know blogging isn't my forte, I've gave it a shot twice before but here I am again!
My first blog was buzzfeed-ish, posting things like Top 8 Places To Visit in the East Bay, and Top 7 School Hacks That Worked For Me. I had a shitload of fun writing those blog (articles really) but after a while I found myself liking other things more....
My second blog was a bout my journey throughout life at the moment, during that time I was talking about my journey through weight loss and how I planned to escape the shadows of Richmond.
It's safe to say I've escaped the shadows of Richmond >_< (how the the f*ck do you put emojis on PC?) I am now a Commissioner for the City of Richmond Arts & Culture Commission, also joined the Richmond Main Street Initiative Youth Committee, and I could confidently say my name is getting out more than before.
What to expect
Sh!t got crazy (it's all in my head mainly) but I'm trying a bunch of new things on different fronts and I plan to blog about them! Examples:
1) I launched a website TougherTimes.com in which I sold hand picked shades of 3 different styles. I made my money back within a MONTH, ANDDDD it was thanks to my Snapchat followers ONLY.
2) As a Commissioner I serve as a liaison to awesome local projects and that right there is EPIC
3) I'm currently in the process of making a new website and I want to be transparent about it to show others how they too can make their website.